Traveling Exhibition: Riehen, Switzerland; Bilbao, Spain; Wolfsburg, Germany
- For the ArchiSculpture Exhibition, a model was to be built of the Cenotaph of Isaac Newton by French neoclassical architect Etienne-Louis Boullée.
- A simple model in shades of white should accentuate the huge dimensions and the unusual style of this building design.
- With few photos and plans to work from, I develop the concept for the model in small steps.
- I divide the building into millable single parts that can be sanded and sprayed white afterwards.
- As with the building, I create the green hedges that run around the hall on three levels out of polyurethane resin plates. This way the historical reconstruction appears to be made from one cast. I achieve an authentic, fresh look for the hedge by free-hand cutting on the band saw.
CNC- und manual processing
In cooperation with
Eggimann Holzfertigung, Ramsei, Switzerland