Vitra Design Museum, Weil am Rhein, Germany
- For the exhibition ‘Louis Kahn – The Power of Architecture’ a floor-to-ceiling wood and steel model should convey the design and dimension of the visionary, never-realized City Tower Project.
- It should be possible to assemble and dismantle the model repeatedly.
- The adjustable base should be incorporated within the model.
- After extensive research and inspection of the provided plans and photo documentation, I create a virtual model of the City Tower Project.
- The virtual model is the basis upon which I work to construct the model in cooperation with the Vitra Design Foundation.
- I develop the plans for the wood and steel sections. The model’s elements are assembled in the Foundation’s workshop.
abrasive techniques (5-axis milling, manual wood- and metal work)
In cooperation with
Eggimann Holzfertigung, Ramsei, Switzerland